Can't find it free online? Try this. 😲

Here's what I did with mine: find at least one paragraph from that book, somehow. It doesn't matter how. Maybe go to the library and copy onto your phone/computer or something. Somehow get your hands on a paragraph.

Then plug it into Google.

It should find you a website that has the book for free. Why? Because most sites that offer snippets of the book won't have a full paragraph - or if they do, it's a full paragraph altogether, not a full one from one place in the book (if that makes sense). That way you can weed out the fake websites and get down to the good stuff (that's how I found A Carribean Mystery).

Hope it works bc if it doesn't I don't want people complaining bc I'm kind of out of ideas. If I figure out an even better way, I'll tell you but there are dozens of ways I've already posted about earlier on here so if this one isn't satisfactory, browse my older posts via the tags. idk, maybe just give up on life.

PS. Update 10/16/18 - I was looking for Nemesis by Agatha Christie and no one had it except Archive.org which only had pictures of each page. It was fine, but I wanted to be able to highlight and copy. I thought about this, and was like "but it would take forever to copy word for word a whole paragraph..." which brings me to my point: you don't have to do a whole freakin paragraph for goodness sake I don't know what I was thinking. Just look for a sentence that is kind of in the middle of a chapter (hopefully you have access to the second or third because lots of people have the first couple for a sample so it wouldn't really help finding the whole book) and then copy it. Sentences work just as well as paragraphs so just ignore my earlier thing though a whole paragraph never hurt so if a sentence doesn't work, use a paragraph and just add onto your sentence. Try finding a sentence that people wouldn't use on a Wikipedia page or as one of their favorite quotes, things like that - because then you know you're going to get legit, for-real stuff.

Hoooope that helps.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The true writer has nothing to say. What counts is the way he says it." ~ Alain Robbe-Grillet