Murder of Roger Ackroyd 📖

This version, the first part of the second chapter isn't there - it starts with something about the local geography before he keeps going with the story and then talks about Roger Ackroyd for a long time, but in this version it doesn't have any of that. You might need to get two copies and read ch 2 side by side so that you can tell what you're missing and not miss it.

Update: I finished reading the second chapter and felt like something was off the whole time, so I sat down with my paperback and compared - except I didn't even look at the one online because I could tell just by reading it how much it had cut out. The first link below does have the book, but it's more like the abridged version because it's very different from the original and if you read this version, there are some significant sections completely missing from this one.

The second link is complete, as far as I know (didn't need to read it on the computer so I just glanced through the first cpl pages), but it's not as easy to read, downloads immediately on clicking the link, and as far as I can remember, has some miss-typos. Overall, though, I think it's a better option. Or just google "read murder of roger ackroyd free".

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The true writer has nothing to say. What counts is the way he says it." ~ Alain Robbe-Grillet