Watch Anastasia (1956) Free Online 🎥

Length: 1hr 45m. Genre: Drama/Romance Starring: Ingrid Bergman and Yul Brynner. Directed by Anatole Litvak.

Synopsis. The film involves a con man (Yul Brynner) who concocts an outlandish plot to pass off a beautiful amnesiac (Ingrid Bergman) as Anastasia, the daughter of Nicholas II, who was long rumored to have survived the execution squad that murdered the other members of the Russian emperor’s family in 1917. The woman becomes so convincing that Brynner begins to suspect that she may really be Anastasia, even as he begins to fall in love with her. (Britannica)

My opinion. I haven't watched this in a super long while (sad), but I LOVED this movie the one time I watched it and I hope I'll have a chance to watch it again before the year is over but who knows when I'll have the time. It's definitely first class, one of the best old movies I've ever watched that's strictly romantic, another perfect movie when you're home alone on a cold, rainy night - especially if you're sick and tired and don't want to be scared or on the edge of your seat. It has such a sweet, perfect ending, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The true writer has nothing to say. What counts is the way he says it." ~ Alain Robbe-Grillet