EBooksCart: Legit? 🤷

I saw someone's comment on an earlier post, recommending a website, EBooksCart. Since I'm always up for discovering more websites that let me read books for free, I googled "ebookscart" and clicked on the first link (same as the one I linked to). Seemed perfectly above-board - as above-board as free book websites can get - so I downloaded The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

It took three clicks to download, which isn't bad - I'm ok with a roundabout way as long as I end up with the book I wanted to read - and it downloaded quickly, without any pop-ups. But when I clicked on the file, it opened up in the pictures app, instead of the app the computer usually uses (for Macs that would be iBook, for any other computer I believe it opens in Adobe Acrobat, specifically the Acrobat Reader).

Not only did it open in the wrong app, it wasn't even the right book. It was a lot of pictures and not much (readable) text, so I deleted the file.

EBooksCart is not legit.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect writing style, perfect research, and attention to detail, not only to events but to emotions felt. Thank you so much sir for your great post on the great blog. https://allreadingworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your thoughtful assessment, thank you so much for the feedback!

      Delete

"The true writer has nothing to say. What counts is the way he says it." ~ Alain Robbe-Grillet